Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Etro Fall 2013



via: style.com

I love the new tough vibe from Etro! "Armor not Amore!" This summs it up pretty good.

Some reviews were not over the top, but I love the new direction Veronica took. I'm no fashion expert, only a "Fashion Lover" and I'm pretty sure Suzy Menkes would not approve about a doctor writing about fashion, but hey, I'm just doing this for fun, I love to browse through the newest collections and admire their beauty! And writing this blog is so relaxing for me, writing about such beautiful things as fashion is just so much fun and I prefer to do that to unwind, others watch TV, I blog.

How about you? Did you like the new Etro collection? What do you think about it? Do you like the new vibe?

Have a grate Sunday everyone!

xxx Gabrielle
 
Edit: I actually think that Suzy Menkes is right in many of the points she talks about in her article "The Circus of Fashion".  We are living in a quite narcissistic time and I can imagine, that many people don't really dress for them self anymore. "The peacock Syndrom" goes around and for many it's all about them self and not about fashion and style anymore, they just want to get snapped by Street Style Photographers. But as always there are also other folks and thanks to some Photographers like Scott Schuman or Garance DorĂ© and others we still get to see the real people and not only peacocks and I'm glad about that! Also Tamu from all the pretty birds is a favorite of mine, and I really don't agree that she's one of those peacocks. You can see my favorite blogs in the blogroll and I love all these blogs for different things.

I think it's a good thing, that Suzy Menkes wrote this article, a discussion about something is always good. I think blogging plays such an important role today, because people want to connect with other people and not just glossy magazine pages and anonymous editorials. People want to connect with people and even though it's a quite anonymous place too, that internet, at least it's a two way communication and that's the big pro for blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment